Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Portland

PDX, 726

Back in Portland today. I guess there is a heat wave happening, it got up to 88ºF here today.
We rolled over to Atlas Tattoo to look up my old friends Jerry and Dan. As we walk in the door Jerry is about to leave and asks if we need any help. I barely recognize him and actually had to look at his tattoos to verify that it was him. The funny thing was, I'm pretty sure he did the same thing to me. I haven't seen those guys in about six years I guess.
Portland is about the same as ever. The same interesting people on the streets and the same do it yourself attitudes to go along with it. Later on we went over to the Rose & Raindrop for a beer and oysters. That place has not changed one bit either.

Today it's the fourth of July and most of town is closed it seems. Went back over to see Jerry at the shop and talked to him for quite a while. He now has two kids!! Quite a change. The shop is doing well for them and they actually own their own building which is a restored victorian house, it is really nice and very old school. We're hitting the road back out to the coast to Seaside to fly the kite on the beach one last time. I'm also in search of some more fried oysters.... We have decided to cut the trip short in the way of road miles because we are running out of time. It was just so damn hard to get out of California.... Our goal today is to get up to Olympia, WA to stay with Sarah for a couple of days and to see Seattle as well, after that, Wyoming here we come.


I have a song bird who sings on my shoulder. A place to stay he is in search of. His journey has been far and wide however no solid ground awates his light steps. The song bird sings, and searches for his home once more. Madison

Portland has been a very great, I feel it to be of an energy that I would want to experience more and develope in. PLUS great coffee. I like!

THE GOODS:
  • Atlas
  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i gotta fever and the only perscription is more blogging are you guys ok ????
    tim

    10 July, 2006 00:56  

    Post a Comment

    << Home